- RSS Channel Showcase 8383733
- RSS Channel Showcase 4295362
- RSS Channel Showcase 5528049
- RSS Channel Showcase 7665514
Articles on this Page
- 12/22/14--05:00: _Does your home qual...
- 12/29/14--05:00: _Cheers To All 2015'...
- 01/12/15--05:00: _Facts About Auto Paks
- 01/18/15--19:30: _Condo Insurance 101
- 02/02/15--05:00: _FORE! Thinking abou...
- 02/09/15--06:00: _Do You Have A Recor...
- 02/16/15--05:00: _Learning from Losse...
- 02/23/15--11:21: _Learning From Losse...
- 03/30/15--06:00: _Learning From Losse...
- 04/13/15--14:31: _Blades Autographed ...
- 03/17/16--10:32: _Saskplates.com - Yo...
- 05/12/16--15:37: _6th Dylan Nahorniak...
- 08/19/16--15:12: _Brace yourselves......
- 11/10/16--08:23: _Insurance Myths Mon...
- 11/14/17--07:56: _Insurance Truths Tu...
- 01/12/18--10:19: _Does Shivering Coun...
- 01/25/18--13:35: _Celebrating a combi...
- 05/24/18--08:03: _Annual Customer App...
- 06/08/18--13:45: _What to Look For in...
- 06/25/18--09:03: _Canada Day Pre-Cele...
- 12/22/14--05:00: Does your home qualify for SGI's Prestige Policy?
- 12/29/14--05:00: Cheers To All 2015's New Businesses! Let's Talk!
- 01/12/15--05:00: Facts About Auto Paks
- 01/18/15--19:30: Condo Insurance 101
- 02/02/15--05:00: FORE! Thinking about Hole-In-One Insurance?
- 02/09/15--06:00: Do You Have A Record Of Your Belongings?
- 02/16/15--05:00: Learning from Losses: Electric Hair Straightener Fire
- 02/23/15--11:21: Learning From Losses: Head-On Collision
- 03/30/15--06:00: Learning From Losses: Collision With A Locomotive
- 04/13/15--14:31: Blades Autographed Jersey Raffle Winner!
- 03/17/16--10:32: Saskplates.com - Your Saskatchewan Insurance Online
- 05/12/16--15:37: 6th Dylan Nahorniak Memorial Baseball Tournament
- 08/19/16--15:12: Brace yourselves... Winter is coming!
- 11/10/16--08:23: Insurance Myths Mondays
- 11/14/17--07:56: Insurance Truths Tuesday
- 01/12/18--10:19: Does Shivering Count As Exercise?
- 05/24/18--08:03: Annual Customer Appreciation Day- Sat. Jun. 2, 2018
- A car seat clinic to ensure your loved ones safety seats are installed properly
- The Shred-It Truck from 9am to 11am to shred any personal documents on the spot. Please bring a food bank item to donate.
- Rainbow International Restoration will be on-site with claims experience to answer any tough property claim questions.
- Child Find ID Clinic from 10am - 1pm; A parent or guardian must attend with valid ID
- Tutor Shooter from Saskatchewan Rush to teach kids how to properly throw a lacrosse ball like the pros hosted by SK Blue Cross
- Face Painting by Jasmine Bernes free of charge from 11 am to 12 pm.
- A chance to win a $500 Visa Gift Card
- Door prizes, Giveaways, & Coffee & Donuts
- 06/08/18--13:45: What to Look For in a Summer Camp!
- 06/25/18--09:03: Canada Day Pre-Celebrations!
- Saskatoon, SK- Probably the most popular in Saskatoon would be the fireworks at Diefenbaker Park starting at 8 am on July. 1 with a buffet breakfast available until 10 am than a ceremony Celebration cake at 10 am, followed by entertainment at 11 am and going on all day until 10:40 at which the fireworks will begin. For more information visit: www.optimistcanadadaysaskatoon.com
- Saskatoon, SK- In and around Saskatoon firework shows:
- Saskatoon, SK- Biggie Brunch @ the Capitol Music Club Jul. 1 11 am - 4 pm Go listen to the finest Biggie beats while eating fine breakfast eats. $16. 25 gets you Brunch & either a Mimosa or a glass of draught
- Dakota Dunes Casino, SK- 20 minutes South of Saskatoon on highway 219, Jul. 1 @ Dusk they have extravagant fireworks, best kept secret! Although it's not exactly a secret, the parking lot fills up quickly so get out early to make sure you get a spot. Bring your lawn chairs and set up for a great show, begins at Dusk, admission is free. For more information call 306-667-6400.
- Regina, SK- If you will be in our capitol city over the celebration holiday than Wascana Park is the place for you. Starting Jul. 1, 2018 at 8:30 am - 10:30 am a pancake breakfast at Wascana Centre, followed by Western Canada's Strongest Man @Legislative grounds, free children's activities on the Children's Stage, The Trews on the main stage in Wascana Park, Plywood Cup 1-6 pm across Wascana Lake & After Dark the fireworks will begin!
- Moose Jaw, SK- Canada Day at the WDM Moose Jaw from 10 am to 2 pm, Jul. 1, 2018, ever tried to make ice cream the old fashioned way? Well this is your chance! Create crafts and take part in a new Canada Day photo scavenger hunt. Feeling nostalgic, stop in the theater to catch some vintage Canadian short films from the National Film Board.
- Swift Current, SK- Frontier Days! Jun. 28, 29, 30 & Jul. 1, 2018 This annual country fair is a fun filled event for the entire family. Activities include midway rides, grandstands concerts, trade shows, cattle shows, 4-H competitions, parade & Fireworks @ 11 pm
- Prince Albert, SK- @ Prince Albert National Park admission is FREE! They are kicking off the day with a pancake breakfast at the Community Hall, followed by a lively parade, a flag raising ceremony, and a delicious birthday cake. They even give you a chance to be apart of the celebrations by decorating your bike and joining in the parade! Stay & explore the wonders of the natural outdoors Canada has to offer here in our own backyard of Saskatchewan! For more information contact the Waskesiu Recreation Association - 306-663-5410 or by email: WaskesiuRecreation@gmail.com.
Your home is your family's headquarters, and it's best defense is the best insurance policy for your needs. SGI's latest insurance product is their Prestige home policy, which is aimed to provide supreme protection to Saskatchewan's rising home market. Does your home qualify for SGI's Prestige policy? You may be surprised.
Prestige home insurance is focused on providing a flexible and superior insurance coverage to tailor to each unique home situation in Saskatchewan's changing real estate market. Are you moving to a new subdivision? Are you concerned about matching siding, shingles, or flooring if a loss occurs? Have you made a substantial investment in your property's landscaping or outbuildings? Expensive hot tubs or home entertainment systems? Maybe you have a prized collection, have a home business, or store a large amount of expensive tools? You are who the Prestige home insurance is made for!
Do you know the current value of your home? Saskatchewan's housing prices have risen by an average 67% in the past four years. Your home may be worth significantly more than you realize! The Prestige policy is available to homes:
- that are worth over $350,000
- that have been built in the last 35 years (some older homes may still apply in specialty inclusions)
- you are the primary occupant and it is your principal location
- you have less than one claim on in the past three years
- that meet the Homeowners' Guarantee eligibility requirements (not under construction, not a log home, was not built with post and beam construction or non-traditional building materials)
- meet any two of the specialty inclusions! Call us to find out if your home qualifies.
So your home qualifies? What does Prestige offer you above and beyond what your current policy covers? In a nutshell, the benefits to SGI's Prestige home insurance are far beyond their previous plans, and are built to custom fit your unique and individual lifestyle. There are standard protections with all Prestige policies:
- Priority Claims Service
- Full Matching Roof/Siding/Flooring Replacement
- Home Systems Protection (Furnaces, Central Air, Deep Well Pumps + Pool Pumps, Electrical Power Panels + more)
- Homeowner's Guarantee Coverage
- Higher Limits on Property with Specific Amounts of Protection
- $3 Million Personal Liability Coverage
- Roof Snow Removal
- Single Amount of Protection (Providing 150% of the coverage of your home you may allocate as you wish in case of a loss)
There are also customized lifestyle options that you may choose to add on to these standard coverages. The four options are:
- Lifestyle Option A: Home Business Owner
- Lifestyle Option B: Collectible & Treasures Protection
- Lifestyle Option C: Family & Security
- Lifestyle Option D: Recreational Protection
Give us a call (1-888-450-2700) or stop by our office if you would like to discuss what Prestige policy options may best suit your family's needs. The benefits and increased coverages available through SGI's Prestige policy are vast and go well beyond the major points that are highlighted here, and is offered at a very competitive pricing! Talk to us for a free quote on SGI's Prestige policy.
2015 looks to be another exciting and prosperous year across Saskatchewan. If you are a new business or maybe an existing business that would like a refresher or an update on their commercial insurance Al Hattie Insurance is here for you! Doing your research on what commercial insurance is best suited to your needs and understanding your coverages are a quick phone call away. Reach us during office hours to have any and all questions answered by one of our expertly trained and certified brokers toll free at 1-888-450-2700.
Commercial insurance can provide a wide array of coverages that in case of loss can be vital to your business and it's employee's. Tailored to suit your own needs, we can help you mold a flexible policy that will keep your business safe and sound. Most policies will ensure coverages against:
- Business interruption (loss of income, continuing expenses, and employee wages)
- Accounts receivable, builder's risk, contractor's equipment, and glass breakage
- Boiler, water heater and other machinery
- Liability claims: extension coverage can include personal and advertising injury liability, employer's liability, contingent employer's liability, tenant's legal liability, non-owned auto liability, non-owned aircraft liability
- Crime (employee dishonesty, theft of money or securities, burglary, robbery, forgery and counterfeit currency)
Let us wish all your business endeavours in 2015 great success, and please call us or stop in our office if you have any questions or concerns about your Commercial insurance policy!
All vehicles registered in Saskatchewan are required to be plated, which provides a high deductible and the most basic coverages and liability. But benefits provided by Auto Paks can make sure your family and your bank account is well protected in case of a serious accident. Here are some quick facts about Auto Paks:
- Make accidents affordable. Pick from a range of deductibles from $700 down to $50!
- Don't even pay the deductible! If you hit wildlife, or suffer damage due to fire, lightning or your vehicle is stolen your deductible is waived.
- Financial protection is provided through liability coverages ranging from $1 million to $5 million in the event of a law suit against you.
- Keep your family safe with coverage protecting from injury and loss equal to your liability amount (up to $2 million).
- Adding the Loss of Use coverage will keep you on the road after an accident, covering you for rental costs.
- It doesn't just cover your vehicle, but also extends to vehicles you have rented or borrowed.
- Buying Replacement or Repair cost coverage within 120 days of purchasing a new vehicle will allow you to preserve the value you paid for, fighting off depreciation.
- You can receive a discount for scheduling multiple vehicles on one policy.
Thinking an Auto Pak might be right for you? Get a free online quote!
Did you know, your condominium building has insurance on the structure but no coverage for your belongings or any improvements that have been made to your unit? This is where Condo Insurance comes in. Whether you're living in the unit or renting it, Condo insurance is designed to provide you with that coverage your building lacks. Coverage for your belongings, for your renovations and upgrades, additional living expense, contingent coverage and building deductible assessment that keeps you protected if your building itself isn't adequately insured or the building deductible gets transferred to you. They all provide you with personal liability and can be upgraded to include several options, including:
- Increased Limits for property with specific amounts of protection, like jewelry or musical instruments
- Reduced Glass Breakage Deductible
- Sewer Backup
- Voluntary Firefighting coverage
- Watercraft coverage
- Seasonal Home coverage
- Rental Home coverage
You may be eligible for discounts if:
- claims free for over 3 years
- approved monitoring and security system
- fire resistive structure
- above third floor
- age and loyalty
- you choose a higher deductible
We ask that you take a moment to fill out a record of your belongings. You can print off an inventory worksheet to fill in values and year of purchase to most household items. Once you have a fairly complete list, add up the total replacement value plus an amount for restoration expense. This is what you will be wanting to base your coverage for under your contents. You can then contact us (1-888-450-2700), visit our office, or request a free quote online with this value we can discuss your options and what policy will best suit your needs and budget.
If you are hosting a fundraiser or any other event on the golf course this summer, a Hole-In-One competition on a certain hole can be exciting and a great selling point to your event. But what if you don't have the million dollar prize to pony up yourself when one of your attendees pulls out their lucky driver?
Hole-In-One insurance is one of the many specialty coverages we sell that can allow your next golf event to have that extra oomph. If you're thinking this might be a great addition to your day on the links, we need to following information to get you a quote:
- Date of tournament or event
- Hole to be insured
- Number of golfers
- Prize value
Call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote on your next golf event.
Do you have lots of STUFF? Whether you are a tenant, condo owner or homeowner having a record of your belongings will always come in handy in the case of a claim. And they're also kind of fun to fill out!
Keeping an up to date record will help you stay organized in the case of a claim. Suffering any sort of loss to your dwelling can be an overwhelming experience, and having a list of the details of your belongings and their values makes going through the claims process much simpler and less stressful than having to recall everything off the top of your head. This list can also help you make sure your insurance coverages are enough to protect you in the case of a total loss.
You might even find this list handy for many other uses (maybe it will even spur a garage sale)!
You can print off a list of common household items and personal belongings here. We can even hang on to a copy in your file for you to make sure it is safe.
Do you have STUFF?
CAUSE OF LOSS:
Fire caused by an electric hair straightener
COST OF LOSS:
DETAILS OF LOSS:
The insureds’ daughter was the last to leave the home in the afternoon to go to work. When the
insureds’ arrived home later they noticed smoke coming from the windows. They went to neighbour’s
house and called the Fire Department. The dwelling and contents in the basement sustained heavy
fire damage, while the remainder of the home sustained smoke and water damage. The Fire
Commissioner investigated and determined the cause of the fire to be the hair straightener left on in
a bedroom located in the basement.
When using electric curling irons, hair straighteners or other appliances that generate heat, be sure
to unplug it after each use and place them in a secure position away from any flammable materials.
Never leave your home without checking to make sure any irons, curling irons, etc. are unplugged
and in a safe location.
Rural Saskatchewan highway
CAUSE OF LOSS:
COST OF LOSS:
Total loss: $2.5 million. (Truck and horse trailer: $250,000; Property damage – horses, truck and
trailer: $2.5 million)
DETAILS OF LOSS:
A young son was driving his mother’s car on a rural Saskatchewan highway. He crossed the centre
line and collided with a semi-tractor trailer, causing the semi, trailer and cargo (competition horses)
to be deemed a total loss. The insured had basic plate coverage of $200,000 and $1 million liability
on the policy. Due to the special design of the trailer and its use, a large loss of use claim occurred.
As well, the horses were expensive animals and brought a large property damage claim of
$2.5 million. The insured was not covered for approximately $1.3 million of the claim.
Always carry the right amount of insurance for your protection – though basic plate insurance is
significant, it may be necessary to purchase more coverage to be fully protected from all losses. In
this case, for an additional $60, the total loss would have been covered.
Rural Saskatchewan road
CAUSE OF LOSS:
Collision with a locomotive at an uncontrolled railroad crossing
COST OF LOSS:
Total paid/reserved: $650,000. (Trailer: $50,000; Property damage to train: $600,000;
Loss of earnings/business interruption due to damage to train tracks and locomotive: undetermined)
In December, the insured was driving a load of wheat to a terminal. Distracted, he drove through an
uncontrolled rail crossing. An approaching train split the trailer in half. The insured’s package policy
protected him for $1 million of liability, which covered the loss.
Avoid financial ruin by carrying the appropriate insurance coverage; for a minor cost (an extra $30 in
this case), you can protect yourself from unnecessary loss.
We have a winner! Agnes Hyde was drawn out of the raffle on April 12 to win an autographed Blades jersey. She will be entered in IBAS's province-wide contest for the grand prize of a ttrip for two to Quebec City to attend two games of the MasterCard Memorial Cup. Thanks to everyone who entered, the Blades hockey team, IBAS, the WHL, and good luck Agnes in the final draw for the tickets to Quebec City!
Plates expire? Licence expire? Sitting on the side of the road with an unregistered vehicle?
Did you know Saskplates.com can get you back and on the road in no time, even from a mobile or tablet device? Set-up your account today through www.Saskplates.com and don't get left on the side of the road.
It's even simpler now! If you have an active SGI policy you can set up your account directly on the website without having to call us.
Here are some of the many transactions you can now do online from your home computer or mobile device through Saskplates.com:
- vehicle registration
- plate cancellation
- driver's licence renewal (non-photo)
- address and personal information changes
- print vehicle registrations
- get quotes on Auto, Home, Condo, Tenant Paks and more!
- make payments
- pay your receivables
You can also contact US about any of your insurance needs! Phone 1-888-450-2700, email us at email@example.com, or come by for a visit at our office located at 3020C Arlington Ave, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Meet us at Cairns Field, this Saturday May 14, 2016 for the annual Dylan Nahorniak Memorial Baseball Tournament. Games begin at 10 am and commence at 6 pm, with opening ceremonies at 11:30 am. Admission is donation based, and there is food and drinks served including homemade perogies!
This tournament holds a special place in Al Hattie Insurance's heart as Dylan Nahorniak was a former empoyee & family relative who lost his life tragically in a car accident Sept 2010. He left behind a wife & daughter Brooklyn. The tournament wouldn't be a success without the Senior Men's baseball team, The Stallion's, who host the tournament every year.
The tournament proceeds go partially to a trust fund for Brooklyn Nahorniak, while the other portion is donated to a charitable cause of choice, such as, Breast and Prostate cancer. This year we are donating proceeds to the RedCross Fort McMurray efforts.
The parents of Dylan Nahorniak, Colleen (partial owner of Al Hattie Insurance) & Eugene, formed a baseball scholarship to aid financial support to young Saskatchewan baseball players who will attend and play baseball at post secondary institution, which they award every year. Anyone wanting to apply can get information on the scholarship from the website www.dylannahorniakmemorialtournament.com/sponsorship& can send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
This morning we all felt it! Brace yourselves, winter is coming! To get prepared we have made a short list of some tips for winterizing your home this year!
-Clean or replace your furnace air filters each month during the heating season.
-If you are going away for the winter, for any duration of time, you must contact your broker to confirm you are meeting your insurance companies guidelines to ensure proper coverage is still in place.
-To help allow for good air circulation in your attic, ensure it has proper ventilation, so that hot air doesn’t get trapped in the rafters, melting the bottom layer of the snow on the roof. This is also a good time to confirm with your broker that your policy covers for ICE DAMMING as not all policies cover that!
-As a homeowner, make sure you know where to find your water shut off valve, in case of emergencies quick action could potentially save you from major damage to your home.
We know there are many myths & truths of insurance floating around out there & we are here to try and help bring some clarity to the issue!
Travel Insurance Doesn't Pay Out!
Insurance is a means of protection from financial loss. Insurance companies exist in order to help mitigate unforeseen and sudden events thus protecting the insured's financial well-being upon the occurrence of a specific event, specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a premium. In the case of one of our travel insurance providers, Allianz Global Assistance, they have an excellent track record in Canada, with exceptionally low claim denial rates. In 2015, AGA recorded a 92.5% payout rate. Clients are best encouraged to carefully read their travel insurance policy to understand the benefits, exclusions and limitations. When you have questions, WE are the reliable source and trusted expert to provide clarification. We also carry many providers to meet a wide variety of clients needs. To name the major carriers we have, Saskatchewan Blue Cross, Group Medical Services, & Allianz Global Assistance.
We know there are many myths & truths of insurance floating around out there & we are here to try and help bring some clarity to the issue!
Having Great Credit Can Benefit Your Home Insurance Rates
The insurance companies (currently SGI Canada & Wawanesa Mutual) have designed this new method to try to give consumers another opportunity for discounting their home insurance rates.
We need two requirements to apply the discount:
1. Express consent- For our client’s convenience, we are capable of accepting consent or withdrawal of credit score discounts verbally.
2. The second type of information required is your legal full name and full date of birth, this information in most cases has already been obtained in the past for other insurance purposes.
Start saving more!
Lots of our customers have utilized this discount by taking those savings and purchasing additional coverage's such as, the newly introduced Flood Coverage. New this year to the personal homeowner’s line of insurance.
A little run down of how it works; once we have obtained your consent, the score is electronically requested from our credit score provider, depending on which insurance company you are with could either be TransUnion or Equifax. Credit score is then sent from the credit bureau through a secure data transmission channel and is automatically applied to the calculation of your premium. Your consent is kept and collected until or if you withdrawal that consent, and therefore annually the insurance company will access your credit score just before the renewal of your policy.We have been reassured by the insurance companies that this will not impact your credit rating.
To top off all this great news, Wawanesa Mutual has recently increased the credit score maximum possible discount, now allowing for an even greater discount.
*Your rates will not go up if you have an unfavorable credit score.
At Al Hattie Insurance, we take your privacy very seriously. Our clients privacy is an office practice we have taken very seriously before credit scoring even came into play. We cannot see and do not have access to your credit score information. That information is restricted to only limited employees of the insurance companies who only access it in order to do their job.
Some Tips to Improve your Credit Score:
v Always pay your bills on time.
v Try to pay your bills in full by the due date. If you aren’t able to, pay at least the minimum amount shown on your monthly statement
v Try to pay down your debts as quickly as possible
v Don’t go over the credit limit on your credit card. Try to keep the balance well below the limit, as the higher the balance the more impact it has on your credit score.
v Reduce the number of credit applications you make.
v Make sure you have a credit history. Your credit score may be low because you don’t have a record of owing money and paying it back. You can build a credit history by using a credit card as long as you use it
There's nothing really funny about this cold weather but we can't totally knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine tenths of people couldn't start a conversation!
With the cold weather comes the natural human instinct to get warm. This could mean anything from firing up your wood stove or booking a holiday down south! Either or, this will bring you to want to make a quick stop to Al Hattie Insurance before.
1. If you have a wood stove, or are planning on installing one make sure you check with your broker, Al Hattie Insurance, beforehand to see if this will affect your home insurance policy and how. Wood stoves are ideal as a backup source of heat in that emergency situation where a power outage has occurred.
2. If you are amongst the many fortunate people to take off to warmer climates for holidays your first stop should be Al Hattie Insurance to purchase your Emergency Medical Travel Insurance. We carry a variety of carriers to meet all sorts of different client’s needs, and also to provide quotes from those companies, finding you the best rate so that you're not paying more than you need to be.
3. After your travel insurance needs are met, our one stop shop will also be able to provide you information on your home insurance policy and the specific requirements set out by your insurance company that you must meet to have coverage while you are away. Every company is different and ever changing so these are good things to routinely check up on so that you are up to date on the most recent requirements.
Hopefully these few points from Al Hattie Insurance can help keep the cold weather the only problem until we are all like "Winter who?".
Happy 262 years of combined birthday ages in the office! In the next month we have 7 of 15 birthdays! The celebration month kicked off with Nicole, than Brent, Teralyn, Jason, Lee, and ending with Corinne & Susan on the same day!
Our office's Nicole Turk, cleverly made a cake for the back-to-back birthdays! She wanted to include all the birthdays on the one cake and came up with the idea of combining all the years to make the birthday candles! How so very sweet... in more than one way... as in the cake was delicious! The cake was a round layered cake with a blue frosting, topped with sprinkles. Inside was a purple frosting. I'm pretty sure a cheat day was a no-brainer for clean eaters, and left many wanting seconds,or even thirds. Thanks Nicole!!!
Our office is pretty awesome in the sense that we all work very hard, but play harder. It's so nice when the office employees take initiative to do kind things for one another, making our bonds that much stronger. Sharing and making memories together.
To top off the celebration of numerous back-to-back birthdays in our office, we also have a very special birthday. One that, without it, none of this would really make any correlation! This is the 36th birthday of the start of Al Hattie Insurance! On Feb. 1 Al Hattie Insurance will be celebrating another miraculous year of business! One that started only from a banker box of files that has grown to thousands. Come by to sign our book, a tradition that we have held for years & some coffee and donuts!
We love our customers!
Join us at the Eastview Shopping Centre, 3020 Arlington Ave, Saskatoon, Saturday June. 2, 2018 from 9 am to 3 pm. Our office along with other businesses in the mall will be hosting events to show our appreciation to you!
We will have:
Check out the flyer to see other activities our mall neighbors will be hosting that day too!
It seems as soon as the snow melted summer was approaching us as fast as a Bugatti Veyron, and no breaks in sight. With summer comes summer holidays for all our children, and as much as we all wish we could take summer off as well that's not always in the cards. So many families look to summer camps to help entertain there children over school break.
Finding the right camp for your kids can be difficult, do you know the right questions you should be asking yourself before you send your kid off?
1. Are campers supervised by trained individuals? What level of training do the counsellers have? This is especially important in skilled activities, and any camps that have swimming as an activity.
2. How are counsellors screened for background clearance?
3. Does the camp offer any sort of accident benefits coverage outside of their own Commercial General Liability policy? Ask how injuries that occur during camp are treated and what coverage is offered to campers if the injury is more serious and requires treatment outside of the scope of provincial health care plans.
4. If campers are being transported in camp-owned vehicles or busses, what insurance does the driver hold?
5. Does the camp have an emergency plan in place in case of evacuation or catastrophe requiring all campers to be moved off site?
It never hurts to ask these questions especially when you are to consider giving someone else the responsibility of the safety and care of your children.